Feeling worn out from the busyness of everyday life? In need of some dedicated time to slow down and rejuvenate? Escape on a weekend getaway from Columbus, Ohio and take the two-hour road trip to Amish Country for a few days full of the good things in life. Book your favorite log cabin, treehouse, cottage or suite and get excited about unique experiences, relaxation, yummy food, and local exploration. Keep reading for our insider’s guide and fill your itinerary with all the things you love most. Then check in to Amish Country Lodging and let us host you during your adventures. Enjoy!
Explore Local Attractions
Our area is rich with unique things to do. When you come in for a weekend trip from Columbus, cross a few bucket list items off and make lasting memories with your travel partner. Some of our top recommendations include:
- The Amish Country Theater – An award-winning variety show featuring laughter-inducing fun!
- The Farm at Walnut Creek – See and feed adorable animals, take a horse-drawn wagon ride, and bring a picnic to enjoy among the beautiful farm scenery.
- Hatchet Club – Feeling adventurous? Try hatchet throwing in Sugarcreek.
- Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum – Discover the inner-workings of the railroad system at this real roadhouse. If you’re coming to town between May and October, catch a public tour too.
Browse Charming Shops
Before you leave Berlin, Ohio, find a few special treasures to take home as tokens of your wonderful time away. Grabbing a cup of to-go coffee and strolling downtown hand-in-hand as you window shop or visit local boutiques is a wonderful place to spend a peaceful afternoon. Check out these and more during your getaway from Columbus, Ohio:
- Holmes Flea Market – 67,000 square feet of food, goods, and so much more.
- Walnut Creek Flea Market – Baked goods, special gifts, entertainment, and more, all in a relaxing environment.
- Berlin Village Gift Barn – One of the area’s most popular shopping destinations, including fashion, jewelry, home decor, and more.
- Schrock’s Heritage Village – Two family-run malls with dozens of fun shopping experiences including antiques, a pet store, and more.
- Walnut Creek Cheese & Guggisberg Cheese – Taste the quality of local, fresh cheeses.
Savor Amish Country Cuisine
You’ll never go hungry in Amish Country with so many impeccable dining experiences to savor. A few of our personal favorites include:
- Der Dutchman – Devour family-style comfort food like chicken pot pie, meatloaf, and roast beef in Walnut Creek.
- Mrs. Yoder’s Kitchen – This authentic Amish buffet serves “the best fried chicken in town” in Mount Hope.
- Boyd & Wurthman – A local favorite in downtown Berlin, this eatery serves BBQ ribs, baked pork chops, fettuccini alfredo, and more delicious dishes.
- Millersburg Brewery – Pull up a seat and “cheers” with an ice cold beer and a fabulous burger.
Make Yourself at Home
When you stay with us at Amish Country Lodging, you’ll have a beautiful, comfortable place to recharge near town and all the activities on your itinerary. Whether your style is a treehouse in the forest, a spacious suite, or something in between, you can find it at one of our six unique properties. Come home to Amish Country and let our accommodations be your home base for exploration and fun during your weekend getaway from Columbus, Ohio. See you soon!